Many entrepreneurs eager to make money make the mistake of embarking on the adventure to undertake without giving sufficient weight to have a “corporate compass.” A business plan is more than just a document that indicates the kind of business or economic activity you want to do. In a previous post we talked about how to make your plan is effective, but to take you toward success, should be prepared thoroughly and should include key elements that you share today.
- Objectives of the Plan. Here you must specify the primary motivators for installing the business as well as the most important overall objectives. It is important to describe the targets in the medium and long term.
- Market Analysis. At this point you should consider the business environment, potential demand, competitive analysis, pricing, target market for products and services business.
- Business Strategy.
- Structuring of the Company. Here we must clearly describe how the company will target. Should be assigned specific functions, levels of authority and responsibility both administrative and technical. A SWOT is an ideal tool for this.
- Financial Analysis. It should include an operating budget, a balance sheet, sales projections and expense.
- Executive Summary. This is the formal report must contain all of the above described at length in such a way that can be used to explain the project and process requests for funding. Preferably, this summary should not exceed one page.
Develop the business plan will help yourself and / or your partners to clarify and sort out their ideas. Also allow them to identify possible weaknesses and ways to solve them.
Finally, remember elaborate with great enthusiasm, positivism and visualizing your business successfully and will soon be sailing in the right direction.
Today expand in more detail some of the essential and fundamental features you need to develop before starting your business. This list certainly will serve as a guide for self-evaluation to see if you’re ready to jump into the adventure of starting your own business.
You have a right motivation. Why do you want to start your own business? Identify your deeper reasons and discover if they are the right reasons to take you to success. Some motivations are correct financial freedom, desire for improvement, be your own boss, etc. However, thinking you just has a “good product” in hand or boredom in your current job may be somewhat misguided motivations.
- You must have character to make decisions. Do you consider yourself a person who has full control over their decisions? Are you able to evaluate with caution and firmness while the next steps in your project? As owner of your own business you are always making decisions of all types and are important to have the ability to do it the right way.
- You must develop leadership. Do you think that some people admire you and follow you? Have the ability to motivate and inspire others to do or stop doing things? There is a difference between a manager and leader and the latter is one of the most important qualities of any successful entrepreneur. An insecure, fearful and less than exemplary uphill find success in a small or medium business.
- You must be disciplined. Discipline is the helm of any project. Respect the rules. Respect the time and know the rules are habits key to the success of any business project. A good leader develops discipline for his colleagues to respect.
- You must develop good relationships. Like people? Have the ability to form affinity with people? This is an important quality of any business manager. Remember that you’re constantly dealing with customers, suppliers, employees and must not only learn how to properly handle the bilateral relations to enjoy and make friends.
This usually happens because we needed to disburse large sums of money on advertising and resources to raise awareness of our business. Nothing further from reality!
There are clever tactics, economic and even free in order to promote your business effectively and today I share some that you can start implementing now.
- Printing flyers. The leaflets (flyers) are usually one of the massive economic and can be used to publicize your business. You can design a half-page flyer in 30 minutes and print them for a low cost in any printer nearby. You can propose to allocate them in different places around your area and even a good idea is to offer the same discount or special offer to those who submit the steering wheel so you can measure the response of the medium.
- Advertising in the rear window of your car. These are vinyl ads that adhere to glass and you can print to any graphic design shop with an approximate cost of $ 25. In many places get complimentary design and you print it in 1 hour. Make sure it’s flashy, interesting, and that the texts in letters large enough for anyone to easily record your phone, website and / or email.
- Personal calling cards. If you really want a good customer of your business you must remember to always have a business card or business card. This sounds obvious, every entrepreneur should have them on hand. Simple designs are usually very cheap in any print, however if you want to save even more, you can print yourself (a) acquiring special role in any bookstore near you. Make sure your salespeople always have business cards.
- Free classifieds on the Internet. A good alternative is to search online classified sites in your city. Usually these media can generate customers seeking good options on the web so you should always have ads for your business there. In many countries there are also online yellow pages where you could register for free.
But “turn crisis into opportunity” should be much more than a slogan or a nice motivational phrase. To successfully face these days, every employer should ignore strategies that will help keep their businesses afloat.
I found 8 strategies to counteract the effects of the crisis in business. These strategies can not be ignored. Are fundamental and we just read, analyze and implement them with a sense of urgency in companies.
They talk among other things, analyze the market, know the competition and make alliances. But especially I want to expand on one that catches my attention because usually the entrepreneurs and business owners give little importance and is: KNOW YOUR INTERNAL INDEXES COMPANY.
More than ever, employers need to establish measurement indices and controls that allow us at any time and with a high level of detail, costing, performance and levels of growth and profitability of the company.
This strategy tells us to know our business thoroughly to determine accurately the decisions necessary to keep it running.
To do this, you need to define the most important parameters that help you measure those areas of the business to be brought under control. Some ideas to help you define:
- Numbers of daily and monthly sales
- Production volumes
- Effectiveness of your sales
- Cost of sales
- Advertising and promotion costs
- Levels of administrative burden
And, whether for entertainment, amusement or mere relaxation, regardless of age, people are attracted to fun and entertainment if they are also “free” or even more accessible price.
Whether you have a talent or skill with staff that can operate or have the willingness to develop yourself as a producer of small shows, these ideas can be the spark to help you jump into a business mode once noble and promising.
- Puppets. Great for kid’s party’s puppet shows are usually liked by large and small, need to invest in making the puppets and a tearing and request the help of some friends to support you with the scripts and performances.
- Luv. The mimes are usually very attractive to cheer at malls, fairs and treats. You just need a nice black dress, makeup and very talented.
- Clown show. You can develop your own proposal for a show of clowns to entertain children’s parties and events. A good clown, with charisma and humorous options can be very demanding work. Your income is paid by the hour, you work mainly on weekends and the investment is in a nice suit, shoes and makeup as well as some additional tools of the show.
- Clown show for adults. A variant of the previous point is a clown to entertain adults parties stag (a) s, birthdays, anniversaries, etc. Obviously the main difference is in the comic repertoire, the music composition and activities that carry the show.
- Magic show. If you like the sense of wonder of the public to the innocent but impressive magic tricks, this may be your choice of small shows. Of course you need a magician with a beautiful and well crafted magic show. Ideal also for children’s parties and school events.
- Plays. A little more elaborate but interesting and profitable is the assembly of children’s plays which may be based on familiar characters from movies or similar. You can go with some young actors with who labors scripts to deliver your presentations to malls, schools, and to entertain birthday. Since then the investment involves some sets, costumes, lights, music composition and promotion.
The annuity is basically one of the retirement strategies used by a large number of Americans. It is an insurance product that helps pay back your hard-earned income during old age. This kind of investment is very popular among a large number of investors who intend to have a steady flow of money post their retirement years. It provides a sense of security for future life.
This insurance product works in a very simple way and ensures benefits in the long run. The investor has to first make payments in the annuity, which later returns the money on a string of dates. The amount of payment however is dependant upon a variety of factors like the total amount paid by the investor and the length of the payment period. The money at a later stage can be either withdrawn on a monthly basis or a quarterly basis or even in one shot as a huge amount. Depending on the need, the investor may opt to receive payment in installments for the rest of the life or in contrast for only a designated number of years. The new JG Wentworth Commercial states that you can also get a lump sum money in return for the annuity.
Many consider annuity as a reliable retirement option. The choice of annuity investment should be pre researched for advantages for each individual investor and their current financial status. Annuities are of two types. In the case of deferred annuity, the investment is restricted for a period of time after which the investor can decide to take withdrawals, generally taken post retirement. This form of annuity helps in accumulating cash and can also be converted into an immediate annuity when the investor wishes to start collecting returns.
In the case of Immediate Annuity, it is usually chosen by people approaching retirement. Here the investor can start receiving payment soon after initial investment. Immediate annuity in contrast to deferred annuity is a pay out scheme.
Fixed or variable annuities are subcategories within the two above-mentioned annuities. It basically depends on the withdrawal options, whether the payout is requested for a fixed sum or if the performance is coupled with a group of investors or the performance of the overall market in general or even the amalgamation of the two.
Annuity has a prominent advantage to it. It helps the investors to divert a large amount of the cash into savings and thus helps them to differ from payment of huge taxes. An added advantage with an annuity is that unlike other tax-redemption retirement options, it has no limits for annual contributions by an investor. This helps in accumulating more money for post retirement life. It is a reliable option for those nearing retirement and need to gear up for planning the future. At the same time, it is also a key to raise a huge amount of cash if there is an emergency. This is especially highlighted in the new JG Wentworth Commercial.
The best New York photographer and studio owner, Dr. Mark Antman, offers wonderful tips on how to enhance photographs. First of all, it is important for the photographer to give due importance to lighting. This feature will make or break your photography output. In order to come up with the best pictures, one must employ the right type and amount of light. This will help in highlighting the great features of the model. Another important thing is that lighting has a major effect on the subject’s feelings and mood. If a photographer opts for illumination that’s dim and soft, this can result in a romantic and subdued feeling. Likewise, gentle lights make any portrait photograph much more interesting. On the other hand, if he goes for bright and highly-contrasted illumination, this can place more life to the photo. Such lighting is best for photographs that involve subjects in sports.
If one desires to take wedding pictures, the best lighting to use is a filtered one. This will make the shots more solemn or even romantic. Imagine the faces of the couple as they see their shots having a slightly surreal yet warm effect. However, for those who want to photograph children, like young kids playing in the park; this requires the use of bright and striking lighting for a more playful effect on the photos. Go for vibrant and vivid lights as they signify youth and happiness. With photos involving children, go for focused lights as this can result in fun photos that the kids will love to see.
If a photographer encounters a photo shoot situation where the lighting quality is poor, this can be a difficult instance to shoot. With situations where lighting is absent and there is no chance of using flash, the best advice is the ISO setting to the highest level. Afterwards, take advantage of a flash if possible.
Another important advice that ace photographer Dr. Mark Antman wants to important to budding photographers is not to be close to the subject that he is shooting while using the flash. Depending on the flash that’s being used in his camera, he might have different types of flash intensities to be fired. Hence, he must see to it that he knows the kind of flash to use on a particular subject or situation. If he has a built-in flash, he must make sure that he controls the light from the flash by being away correctly from the subject.
Regardless of where we are in life, we can all learn something about money and how to better prepare for the future. Especially when we see that the debts of credit cards and increase savings and preparedness is dropping.
This item may be put back on track toward a fuller life and financially free.
1) Automate your investment.
Experience has shown that if we have to make a conscious effort every time you have to invest let’s start with good intentions and then fail miserably a few months later. If you can automate your savings, for example with direct deductions from your account would be ideal. The rule here is that if you do not see it, I do not notice. Some of these deductions reduce your taxable income and can save more on taxes. A good rule is to set aside 10% of revenue for this purpose.
2) Real estate.
If you have not, buying a home is the best option. Rent only make your landlord rich. Regardless of what happens in the market, real estate is one of the best long-term investments that can be made. It also has many advantages, including deductions for mortgage interest. Real estate always go up because people will always need a roof over your head.
3) medical and life insurance.
You need to have it, do not know when something unexpected ocurrrirá. Buy term life insurance more than 20 years and that if you follow all these tips will not need more than that. Paying life insurance your agent only makes rich and never really builds any value to the huge costs involved.
4) Do not ever buy new cars.
It is a fact that new cars lose 25-30% of its value at the time they are removed from the dealer. Let someone else pay for that depreciation and get a car for two or three years old with 50,000 kmts maximum travel, this will save not only the initial cost, but also in insurance and taxes.
5) Get out of debt.
Attention was first investment advice as you have to pay yourself first. If you are overwhelmed with debt, there are nonprofit organizations or agencies that can renegotiate its debt. Try to get a good interest rate. Be cautious with their purchases, if you have several credit cards one emergency stop and cancel the rest.
6) Never burn bridges.
In case you have to leave your current job on good terms seek out and find a replacement if time permits. This will put you in a good light with your old address and can result in a good reference, other work, a callback for more money, etc.. Nor will hurt invite some former business partners or customers to eat regularly. This will keep you in tune with the industry, will give many more contacts to pay future favors. Do not be afraid to ask a favor from time to time. cause and effect (Kharma) is the big rule here.
7) Helping others.
It is about helping others less fortunate than you. Regardless of your beliefs, when you donate time and money to help others without realizing it is helping itself. You will feel great. Moreover, the cardinal rule is that when you give kharma get multiplied. Take time to help by donating your time. Even if it’s one hour a week, will help improve someone’s life. Volunteering will make you a better person.
Capital is the lifeblood of any business. Without capital, a business does not normally make their growth strategies, and therefore can not improve. But every company will experience a moment where you must adjust the budget, either from external causes such as a crisis or due to internal problems. At this difficult time, the challenge is to determine which part of the budget should be reduced.
Here are some tips:
1. Identify the fixed costs in the budget that can be cut: These are costs that are not variables, such as income and wages, so not affected by the decline in demand. In this case, these fixed costs must renegotiate to find some discount.
2. Identify variables superfluous costs in the budget: not all variable costs are necessary. For example, the inventory is a necessary expense, however, tuition reimbursement is not.
3. Develop a proposal to present to management: The proposed budget reduction should be discussed specifically without adversely affecting quality operations. It must convince management that there are areas of the company whose budget can not be affected.
4. Reducing the budget and show directors responsible: to display the budget cuts to make monthly reports of variation between the real numbers and the numbers of new budgets. Such differences need to provide management reporting.
First writers have specialized in the field of content you want to disclose. This is very important because the reader appreciates when editors are professional or not within the scope of that talk. The editors specialized client loyalty with readers words, people who are the ultimate in its sector and can generate original and innovative content, cannon fodder to be shared on social networks or in the closed circles of users.
The second factor that influences, and in great half within a content strategy is time. The content strategy is a long term issue is a task that we must go slowly carving, and this takes a long time. Finding information, contrast various sources, writing of articles, links to previous articles … a myriad of tasks that must be performed prior to the publication of an article.
The content must also enter thee by the eyes, so one of the most important things is to accompany quality audiovisual content, able to get the attention of users to begin reading the article. All images must be original and unique.
All this is very important but it is useless if we have not made a schedule of our content strategy. How often we publish, what time are more likely to throw the items, what topics are the most followed, what are the most popular categories … All our strategy requires some planning and analysis to operate.
Few companies getting successfully implement a marketing strategy of content on their corporate blogs or other media of communication. So often flock to Content agencies to outsource this type of work. For companies considerable savings of time and money, as well as an investment in building brand image.
These agencies have content these key pieces we mentioned above, since they have the best writers and photographers in all subjects, may be responsible for maintaining a corporate blog, news sections or spaces in magazines or specific publications.
One of these agencies online content that offers companies a service of creating custom text and photographs, is Redacciona, which has a very comfortable working system in which the company defines the type of content you want, support , the theme or extension to start a service deciding how much to spend and for how long. The flexibility in hiring, adapting to each client’s budget, personalized advice on SEO strategy and especially specialized editors are some of the advantages offered by these agencies, to enhance corporate communication companies through content promoting a proactive communication type.
1) Those who have a very specific niche, and a target market nationwide.
2) Those who have a fairly wide range, but geographically limited market.
1. Limit advertising efforts geographically.
No matter how tempting it is to include some additional zip codes to send flyers or to increase the geographic radius of a Google Adwords campaign for me has never been a good idea. Whenever designing an advertising campaign, as a small business owner, I have to constantly remind myself that the real reason is to maximize advertising revenues and to maximize their reach.
It is much easier to maximize revenue by targeting the same 4,000 to 5,000 households in my neighborhood on a monthly budget then blow the whole year of advertising by sending brochures to about 200,000 homes in my hometown. Continue reading
Computers are used for almost everything these days. From air traffic control, diagnostics on your car right through to planning crowd control or finding the football scores. Technology is galloping ahead faster and faster meaning that more powerful machines are able to perform far more impressive tasks much faster than ever before.
This is all well and good but what is technology doing for you and your business? Technology might be able to send a man to the moon but if your business is struggling to cope with sending out orders quick enough because they are not being processed then you are not allowing technology to work for you and your business is suffering.
If you are using old software on tired old machines running a dated operating system you are not just not getting the best you should be but you could be compromising the safety and confidentiality of your business. Good accounting systems will not only save you a lot of time (and therefore money) but will also keep your financial details safe.
However it is you get to work (despite it probably being another wonderful application of technology) the chances are you will loathe it. Sitting in traffic is nobody’s idea of a good way to start the day. Being cramped onto an airless train carriage is an experience seldom relished and rarely puts you in a great frame of mind for the day ahead. So don’t do it!
With an internet connection and the correct software you can work from the comfort of your own home whilst in the back of your head considering what you will do with the extra hour or two you have won back from the working day.
Not everyone is blessed with a wide knowledge of (or even an interest in) the machinations of information technology. It is a quite specific field of expertise. For many of us (myself included) we are happy enough as long as the computer switches on in the morning and does what we need it to without crashing or exploding.
Either hire a specific member of staff to plan, implement and roll out an IT system or use one of the many companies who can be contracted in to run your IT department for you. The costs might seem high to start with but will soon be met by savings in time and hassle for you and all your staff.
Technology is like any other employee – find the best and get your money’s worth!
Thomas Belesis is one of the most successful business persons. He is the CEO of John Thomas Financial. This is an investment banking firm in New York City. The CEO is efficient and delivers the best services. This is one of the reasons as to why he has been able to run the company smoothly and successfully. He makes appearances in forums, seminars and talks about economic development and financial related issues. He has been able to attend seminars in New York City and other parts across globe.
During his recent meetings, he made great comments on US economy and other parts of the globe. He also mentioned that the DOW fell significantly in the past 12months and something should be done to ensure the economy gets better by the day. He suggested that one of the best things to do is to create room for more profits in every aspect of life. He mentioned that people should invest and that there is need to identify the right and most profitable ventures such as stock market. According to Belesis, there is a rise in S and P earnings over the recent past.
One of the reasons that make Belesis one of the best leaders is that he is highly experienced. He has served in different financial positions and in top companies. He is also a well reputed CEO and a skilled business person. Therefore besides being a leader, he imparts essential business skills to his junior staff. He also reaches out to clients, financial market stakeholders and business associates. He uses a very unique approach to ensure that each person he approaches is of great benefit to the company.
Additionally, Belesis is considered a hardworking and an optimistic leader. He sees a great opportunity where there seems to be no way. This is one of the reasons that have enabled him to run the financial firm smoothly. He is also very influential and was recently named the co chairman of the state republican finance committee. He is competent; success oriented and makes the most of his business skills to reach greater heights.
Aegon Bank and Santander have agreed to form a strategic alliance that allows the insurer to take 51% of the bancassurance business of the entity chaired by Emilio Botin, who will get a profit of 410 million euros.
Specifically, Santander creates two insurance companies, one for life insurance and other general insurance, where Aegon takes a 51%.
Both entities share the responsibility for their management, while Atlas DC Advisory Santander advised in this transaction.
Meanwhile, Santander has 49% of the capital of such companies and signs a distribution agreement for the sale of insurance products in Spain for 25 years through commercial networks, an agreement does not affect savings insurance, health and cars continue managed by Santander.
This transaction will generate gains before tax of 410 million euros to Grupo Santander, which correspond to the values 100% of the business and is used to strengthen the Bank’s balance sheet.
The expected transaction completed in the first half of 2013, after obtaining the necessary approvals from the Directorate General of Insurance and Pension Funds and European authorities of competition.